Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas

Christmas came early for me this year. I've been trying to talk my hubby into getting me an elliptical. See, I live in the desert and during the summer when it's 115* outside, I don't want to work out. I don't want to walk, swim, run, anything - it's just too damn hot! And during the winter months, it's pretty chilly in the morning and I'm a wuss so unless the temperature is perfect I don't want to be out in it. Yes, these are all excuses and part of my problem but hey I can admit it, accept these faults, and do what I can to remedy it.

So, back to the elliptical... it's been months that I've been asking over and over for hubby to help me research them. I looked on craigslist, websites for clearance items, Play it Again Sports, etc. but they all seemed too expensive for what I wanted. I just wanted a simple, little elliptical that I could do while watching tv (since I love to do that why not try to get some exercise in while doing it.)

While out shopping on Black Friday (hubby wanted to go and spend some time together and shop for our children - I wanted to kill him of course. I hate shopping and BF is the epitome of hell for me), hubby decided we were going to go to Play it Again Sports to look to see what they had. When we got there, they had a few but they are all huge, the kind you'd find in a gym. Anyway, they had one that is only 2 years old, had only 41 miles, and only 12 hours on it. It was more than what we wanted to pay but Brian talked him into $150 less than asking price (shoulda offered a little less in my opinion but hey I kept my mouth shut.) Brian and the guy loaded into the truck, we drove home and after some serious effort between Brian and I, we got it out of the truck, cleaned up, and up the stairs to it's final resting place about 3 feet from my bed. If that's not a wake up and smack ya in the face to work out, then I don't know what is!

Day 1: worked out for 15 minutes and almost died. Ok, I knew I was  kinda out of shape but come on!! Both my kids did it for way longer than I did (little brats!!)
Day 2:  made it on there for 30 minutes (still almost died, though.)
Day 3: we'll see how today goes.

Oh, and down 3.4 pounds in 2 weeks with Thanksgiving thrown in the middle. Yea!!

No comments: