Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with me. If I don't write every single thing that I need to do in my calendar, on a sticky note (love those new Super Sticky Sticky Notes!), on a scratch piece of paper, on my hand, anywhere, I will absolutely be sure to forget about it. I have forgotten more things since moving here to Scottsdale than any other time in my life (maybe my subconscious agreeing with me about not wanting to live here - but that's a whole other post for another time...) I have been late to even more things because people call me (thank god for that!) and remind me I'm supposed to be somewhere right now. So, then I run around crazy trying to get ready to leave and drag whatever child (poor Elizabeth - it's usually her stuff) out the door and drive like a bat out of hell to get wherever it is I'm supposed to be.

Last night I got a call from the parent hosting our 1st girl scout meeting asking me if I was coming or not. "Oh shit!" was my response because, again, I forgot that we were supposed to have a meeting to let the girls decide what badges they want to complete this year. I'm in the middle of making dinner, in my pajamas, face washed, really in no way ready to be seen in public. However, I throw on a pair of capris, tank top, close-toed shoes (because my toes are gross and I really need a pedicure), lip gloss, whip up a quick burrito for each child and throw Elizabeth in the car. The mom only lives 5 mnutes away thank goodnss but by the time we get there, the other girls had already done all their badges and the meeting was pretty much over (so why was it so important for me/us to be there if you weren't going to let Elizabeth be involved in any of the decision making anyway??? And that will be my next post because I am having serious issues about that.)

Anyway, my goal for this month is to try to NOT be late or miss any more appointments, meetings, activities, etc. I will put everything in my calendar, with a reminder, so I can be a more responsible person. We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: