Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Frustrations

Husband: What are you guys having for dinner?
Me: Whole wheat penne with a little cheese and a big bowl of broccoli.
Husband: Really? That's your dinner?
Me: Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Husband: Well, it's not very healthy.
Me: It's not that unhealthy and nothing is defrosted because I was cleaning all day and forgot to take something out. Oh, and then I had to chase down the spa cover that blew all the way to the other side of the yard, dig a lawn chair out of the bottom of the pool, and put the rings in the bin before they all flew away all during a thunder and lightning storm. So, yeah, noodles, cheese, and broccoli.
Husband: Whatever.
Me: Are you fricking kidding me? I guess you'd rather we ate the leftover lasagna which is worse? Whatever is right.


Now, let me add that my husband works out of town Monday through Friday so do I cook major fancy meals when he's not around? No. The kids and I eat healthy, easy things, lots of chicken (not nuggets, either), fish - stuff that's easy to make. So, when he says something like this to me, I get extremely frustrated and defensive. Probably not the best way to handle things but I really don't need another adult telling me what to eat. Nothing pisses me off more than that.

And, don't even get me started on when he makes comments about me eating ice cream....

No comments: