Friday, November 22, 2013

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I'm sure many of my friends - working, not working, moms or not - can relate to the fact that we are all just juggling balls and hoping to not drop too many of them all at once. If I'm being good at exercising, eating well, flossing my teeth, keeping up with the house, etc., then something else has to suffer. I'm either a horrible parent or spouse or the laundry is behind and everyone is wearing clothes twice before begging for clean laundry (or eventually just doing it themselves - just don't touch mine!!) If I'm being an awesome mom then I'm pretty sure I'm eating like crap or I've taken time off of exercise. Or I've stopped flossing until 2 weeks before my dentist appointment then I go crazy flossing twice a day so my gums don't bleed and the dentist knows I've been a slacker. But really, I don't do that. Ever. And, if I'm being an awesome spouse, well then it seems nothing gets done. :)

I've always had a problem with balance and I blame my OCD, anxiety, and procrastination disorder (is there such a thing?? I think there should be a name for it.) I'm working on it but it still seems there is not enough time to "get it all done."

And, if any of the above is all happening that means I haven't picked up a books in weeks and I'm probably in withdrawal.


~ with much love, always


No comments: