Friday, March 16, 2012

PTO and other crap

Our middle school PTO is holding a silent auction next month and we have some really cool, motivated people out soliciting crap to make baskets for the auction which has always been a great success and source of income for our PTO. This year, they asked for help from the rest of the board (although really two of them have done 90% of the work) to go out and get more donations and help with the baskets.

In helping to do this, I've come to realize that I HATE doing this crap. Today, I went in to the Scottsdale Gun Club to solicit free shit, only to be blocked by a marketing manager who was out skydiving instead of doing her job and being there when I need her. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone checking something off their bucket list (I've been skydiving and it's way cool so I get it) but dammit I needed her there today! I also went into the Scottsdale Cigar Club (ok, what is it with Scottsdale naming all their crap "blank" club??) where I actually did get free stuff in the form of a verbal commitment but no actual items... yet. And, my hair now smells nasty. I have a friend (yes, YOU Dennis) who got the cool stuff and is drinking free beer all around town for a beer basket. I get the Man Day basket with wine, guns, and cigars?? Wth??

I'm hoping this turns out well in the end. I need a kick ass basket.

~with  much love, always

No comments: