Saturday, September 17, 2011

Well that didn't last long! Ugh. So after my last proclamation that I was going to post 3-4 times a week, I proceeded to go out of town for the weekend and then come with with a wicked sinus infection that had me in bed for 21/2 days. Then Elizabeth got sick and stayed home from school one of those days. Then Brian got sick. Man, sometimes life just hands you a big basket full of crap and says, "Here ya go! Have fun!" Nate's my only healthy one! (Thank goodness!)

Anyway, feeling a little better now - although coughing like crazy which ruined a chance for a run this morning with my favorite running partner, Julie. It's been a couple of weeks and I'm so afraid that I'm going to have a crappy time again for my 5k.

Stats for weigh in:
Starting weight: 158.6 (2/24/11)
6/17/11: 157.0
9/1/11: 155.1
9//15/11: 154.0

So NOT proud of this but it is what it is.


Now, on another note, I'm trying really hard to not be one of those moms that complains when her kid doesn't get invited to every birthday party because believe me that shit gets expensive. However, Elizabeth is breaking my heart today. She hangs out with a small group of 4-5 girls at school and I thought they were all pretty close... until I find out that one of them invited all of the other girls to her birthday party/sleepover. Except Elizabeth. She's heartbroken. Now, I know this goes on all the time and the parent's excuse is that she could only invite 3 girls, not 4. Blah, blah, blah. Trust me, I get it. But when my daughter comes to me with crying because she has no one to play with today because all her friends are over at the other friends house, it kinda pisses me off. I've consoled her and she feels a little better but I  know her feelings are still very hurt. Trying hard to not be Mama Bear and turn this into something much worse... it might cost me a lunch date or shopping trip with Elizabeth, though. :)


~ with much love, always

No comments: