Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gratitude

I'm feeling very grateful today for all the people/love/things I have in my life so I started thinking that it's a good idea to put that out into the universe. You know, stock up on some good karma or something. :)


I'm grateful for the my good health and the good health of my family. Being a volunteer in a hospital, I see far too many people not in great health which makes me thankful for mine and that we can afford health care and preventative medicine.

I'm grateful that I have wonderful friends near and far. Friends here that I can call up to go for wonderful walks with in the gorgeous AZ sunshine while chatting, complaining, laughing, crying - whatever needs to happen. And, of course, friends far away that I can call to vent, laugh, cry, complain, clean house with, and play Words With Friends with (I treasure every game we play.) Even those strangers on twitter with whom I have become "friends" who make me laugh, share wonderful tidbits of info (in those damn 140 characters or less that I still struggle with!), and share amazing stories and photos. ;) Each and every one of you means something special to me and makes my heart smile on a regular basis. You allow me to be the best person I can be even when you see me at my worst.

I am grateful for my two beautiful, smart, amazing children whose hearts are so big and generous that I can only imagine the wonderful adults they will become, able to do whatever their heart's desire. They make me laugh, cry, and even when I'm not their favorite person in the world (shocking, I know), I still love them more than they can ever imagine.

And, finally, I am very grateful that I have a wonderful husband who works so very hard to provide for our family and keep us safe and accustomed to the life we live. He makes great sacrifices working so far from us and not able to participate in the daily family life as much as he (and we) would like.

And, I guess I'm grateful for the beautiful sunshine in this state in which we live because it never ceases to amaze me how gorgeously beautiful and blue the sky is which in turn makes me feel grateful to want to write about it. So, thank you sun, thank you.

~with much love, always

No comments: