Friday, November 12, 2010

Today is the day....

...that I am going to make a change in my life. Again. For sure this time. I am now  223 days from my 40th birthday. My long time goal has always been to be my healthiest at 40. I want to start this next decade of my life being fit, happy, ready for anything. NOT overweight, miserable, tired, and unable to be the best me I can be.

My best friend has talked me into doing weight watchers with her. I've done it in the past with some success and a couple of times with not so much success. I'm hoping this time I can be as successful as I'll allow myself. If I can get out of my own way I'm pretty damn sure I can do this! I want to do this. :)

As hard and unbearable as it is to admit, I weigh 161 pounds right now. According to the "charts" my range is from 112-134 which means ideally, I should be somewhere around 123. I haven't weighed that since I was 20 years old! Now, taking into consideration my age, bone structure, etc, I'm thinking I'd be pretty happy if I could be about 135-137 and maintain that. This means I need to lose 26 pounds. This calculates out to about a pound per week while getting through the holidays and parties. And, all this Halloween candy I still have around. Damn kids!! (I think it's going to start disappearing little by little into the trashcan.)


There's more to this post but my brain has stopped working. I have to go put on my Mom hat and volunteer at the kids' school - library volunteer, PTO board member, student store volunteer, and then back to the library until  2:20 when I take my son and go home. Lots to do to keep me busy today! 

Have a great Friday!

No comments: