Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A rare day off...


Yikes. I'm 2 hours into my day off (which isn't really a day off since I have a honey-do list of things I need to get done that seems forever long) and I realize that I really miss this whole stay-at-home mom thing.

I like having a clean kitchen with no dishes in the sink, no dishes drying in high piles all over the counter.

I like starting laundry and being done with all of it before noon rather than trying to get it all done on the weekends or struggling to stay up late on a work night just so I can get that last load into the dryer before going to bed so it doesn't get all smelly.

I like going to the market during the day rather than after work with all the other harried work crowds  who are grabbing something for dinner.

I like taking my time making and eating my breakfast rather than grabbing a bagel and eating in my car or eating a bowl of oatmeal at my desk, shoveling it in so I can keep working.

I like being caught up on all my blogs or actually catching up on news rather than just by the alerts I receive on my phone.

I miss Starbucks visits with a girlfriend now and then. And hiking the McDowell Mountain Preserve. And a walk through the trails in the neighborhood. And working out or running at a normal hour rather than before the rest of the world is even awake (ok, I DO like running at 5 am - no one can see me!)

Sigh. I know I need to be thankful for the great job I have and I absolutely AM but this brief reminder of what my life used to be life stings a little.

Ok, no more "poor me." There are people out there who would do anything for the life I have. I am grateful for all we have and all the hard work we (Brian, mostly) has done to have us living this lifestyle.

Now back to my honey-do list that includes a pile of filing that is about 8 inches high.


~with much love (and gratitude), always



No comments: