Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Papa

My grandfather is not doing well. He's been living in a rehab hospital for about 9 years now. My grandmother died in 1997, he had a stroke a couple of years later, and has been living in this crap hole since. I'm sure for awhile when he was still coherent and able to stand up for himself, he was probably treated pretty decently. It turns out he has Alzheimer's as well as having suffered numerous strokes and/or heart attacks. My mother, being his executor, has had to make a few tough decisions over the last couple of days including instituting a DNR. It's been a rough couple of days emotionally for my family and I pray for a quick resolution one way or the other. I hate the thought of him being miserable and in pain.

Oh, and my best friend's grandpa is in the hospital, too. We're going through all this together, 5 hours apart from each other, hours or states away from our sick loved ones, trying to stay strong and supportive for everyone and each other. Love ya, Ang. Hang in there, my friend.

No comments: